Saturday, December 25, 2010
NOVEMBER & DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS
JOSH E. NOV. 9TH
GISELLE B. NOV.19TH
A. PETTYJOHN NOV.23RD
GARRETT W. DEC. 25TH
MANNY D. DEC. 30TH
Tri-City Fire District
Date: June 10, 2010
OCCUPANTS ESCAPE LOWER-MIAMI HOME BLAZE THURSDAY MORNING
(June 10, 2010,
The home was owned by Dale Van Meter and occupied by David McDaniel and Vonda Waldron and their 2-eleven and four year old children who were sleeping at the time the fire broke out. Tri-City Fire officials indicated that Mr. Randy Alvarez, a friend of the family was working in a shop next to the residence when he discovered the fire. He made entry into the burning home instructing the sleeping occupants to evacuate.
The occupants husband (David McDaniel) just left the area two days ago and is currently working as a contractor in
Due to a shortage of water fire-fighters resorted to laying 2400 feet of 4 inch large diameter hose to the nearest fire hydrant located at U.S. 60 in a water relay operation. In addition, approximately 80-gallons of foam were used to extinguish the fire.
The blaze is being investigated by Tri-City Fire Department investigators and is still on scene at the time of this Release. Assisting Tri-City was Globe and Canyon Fire Departments, and the Gila County Sheriff’s Office.
There were no injuries to the occupants or fire fighters, and the American Red Cross is assisting the homeless family.
TRI-CITY FIRE DEPARTMENT
Tri-City Fire District
Date: June 3, 2010
RESIDENTIAL HOME IN
(June 3, 2010,
The first arriving engine company found a single story residential home with heavy fire showing from the rear of the home. The fast moving fire destroyed several rooms and heavily damaged the remaining portion of the home.
The home was owned and occupied by Mary Louise Teague. Mark Riggs, a neighbor reportedly smelled smoke and located the source in the Teague residence. He entered the home and found the mattress smoldering where Mrs. Teague was sleeping. He immediately aroused her and doused the fire with several pans of water. Due to the residual smoke in the home the lady went to the Riggs home to spend the remainder of the night. According to Teague it was a couple of hours later when she was awakened by the flames coming from her home.
Mrs. Teague indicated that she had been smoking in bed and apparently fell asleep with a lit cigarette. Fire officials indicated that Mrs. Teague narrowly escaped serious injury due to the alertness of the neighbor. She is the sole occupant of the home.
Tri-City Fire Department was assisted by Globe and Canyon Fire Departments, and the Gila County Sheriff’s Office. There were no injuries to the occupant or fire fighters and the American Red Cross is assisting Mrs. Teague.
All Rights Reserved.© 2003 EZ SiteLaunch LTD.